How to Proactively Deliver Time-Sensitive Updates to Customers Before Scheduled Downtime
Whether you’re running an internal service for your Weet team of customer service on the web, announcing an upcoming downtime can be quite challenging. Unfortunately, many business owners don’t take the right approach. They offer an impromptu update and hope that customers will get over the downtime as soon as possible. This is probably the worst way of providing support to your customers.
To ensure the long-term reliability of the services you offer, scheduled maintenance, once in a while, is quite necessary. Delivering time-sensitive updates could mean that some users or customers will be inconvenienced. Fixing a system bug, for example, can take a couple of hours, but updating an obsolete software could take a few minutes. This is why proper communication is necessary to get customers to plan for the scheduled downtime.
Understand the Impact
Before you can update the customers about an upcoming downtime, you first need to understand the impact the service maintenance will have. Some of the crucial questions you should answer before announcing scheduled maintenance are;
- The number of customers affected
- How high of a priority is the service to your customers
- How long will the scheduled maintenance take?
Answering these questions will help you see and think of the interruption from the customers’ perspective. This will help you hit the nail on the head when you are creating an announcement Video or email video. You’ll have a place to hook your tools, and emotionally engage your customers to feel cared for and understood.
Update the Customers
This is the tricky part, but fortunately, there are some smart collaboration systems already in the market that will work in your favor. When you can connect with your customers in an emotional and caring way, and even get to see their feedback – passing down the not-so-great news becomes easy. They will relate to the situation and seek to understand you better.
The goal of updating your customers on planned maintenance is to inform them and give an assurance that normalcy will be restored afterward. A swell curated Weet Video will get the job done – professionally and effectively.
You already know how useful videos are when it comes to customer support. Leveraging the power of videos with our Weet messaging platform takes great, to extraordinary. Here is how;
- You get to monitor who received the downtime notification and who didn’t- this way, you can specifically target those customers who haven’t received a Weet video through an alternative communication channel. This ensures that no customer is caught unaware by the downtime.
- You can view the customers’ reactions in real-time and note their concerns before the scheduled maintenance.
- By using a Weet video, you engage your customers with a human touch. It has the power to transform a rather unfortunate situation into a memorable customer experience.
Delivering time-sensitive updates to your customers doesn’t get any easier than using the right remote collaboration tool. With our busy bee Weet, you combine convenience, reliability, and simplicity in one video messaging, and screen recording software. What you get is streamlined communication and exemplary support service that will get your customers marveling at how creative, and caring you are in solving their problems.