How to build team rapport with asynchronous tools
by Najette Fellache
The buzz is all about ensuring team efficiency. Weet helps teams work more flexibly, efficiently, and effectively. Having a way to build team rapport especially on live video may at times be difficult. It also takes too much unnecessary time. Weet has features to help you do this easy and fast.
Steps to building a team rapport using asynchronous tools
1. Create an easy to navigate structure
While you want to capture all responses it’s important to create a protocol that’s easy for your team to follow. In terms of handling responses and requests, you can organize them in a structured way that suits your team with Weet and other communication tools such as Slack.
2. Make feedback simple
To make this more effective give proper guidelines in terms of expectations. Maybe provide details on what the team should focus on.
It’s also important to use a screencast to enable more effective responses. Screencast easily helps the team identify with the topic in discussion. Using a screencast in your Weet can help you provide pertinent details to your team. This is quite effective in building team rapport.
3. Feedback Reply
Weet enables more effective responses as you get a walk through with a screencast. It is easy to follow through responses and understand the solution.
The use of Weet adds a much needed human element. This results in more engagement between the team that leads to productive results.
Benefits of using asynchronous tools for team building
Asynchronous tools enable flexibility and efficiency across all team participants.
1. Time flexibility
A large team has a large work volume to present. This at times becomes so difficult when everyone submits their work at the same time. It’s also not possible for everyone to present a critique. However, asynchronous video enables team participants to present work when in need of urgent feedback.
2. Flexible feedback responses
Asynchronous tools give participants freedom in terms of when to provide feedback. It does not limit specific calendar dates hence gives participants ample time. It’s more effective to follow up on responses bit by bit.
3. Faster iteration cycles
Asynchronous meetings enable more time effective work to be done. Participants can present work and receive feedback faster increasing the iteration cycles.
4. Eliminates time zones barrier
At times you may be dealing with international team participants across different time zones. It’s difficult to find a time that’s convenient for everyone. Asynchronous video enables participants to submit work as well as give feedback at their own convenient time.
Features of asynchronous meetings
- Team members can sign up easily by creating an account, there is nothing to download.
- Collaboration is enabled as well as emojis featuring reactions that are available during video play.
- Screencast and video sharing are among the unique features of Weet. Users can see what you want them to see.
- Feedback can be recorded with either voice or video responses.
- Participants can download, and share Weet easily via email or URL.
- Participants can customize the background appearance to their liking using filters.
- Participants can hide or show themselves in a Weet.
- Weet enables users to monitor the number of views and users.
Asynchronous tools enable more effective and efficient team building. Weet gives all participants the required freedom for productive work. Users also get enough time to work on their submissions. Weet is the way to go for effective asynchronous communication.