How Asynchronous Communication Cuts Down on Distractions
by Ashley Villegas
Weet offers the ability to communicate asynchronously. There’s a buzz that’s going around about asynchronous communication in remote work, and there are several reasons for that.
What do asynchronous meetings have to offer?
Asynchronous communication is possible with Weet. How you meet online is not limited to synchronous-only options like Zoom. With Weet asynchronous meeting is possible as it does not require a fixed or scheduled time for all participants. Asynchronous meetings break the barriers of time zones and schedules. This is definitely what you were looking for, especially if you’re collaborating from different locations.
Why Weet and how does it cut down on distractions?
Weet makes it easy to communicate asynchronously. The following are the advantages of asynchronous communication:
- Flexibility and freedom are now yours. Asynchronous meetings give participants the freedom to address issues at their own pace and time. Unlike other meetings that require all participants to be present at the same time, asynchronous communication is very flexible. Set time schedules may be ineffective especially when you are distracted by other events. However, at your preferred time, you will be more attentive to every detail.
- Synchronous meetings are the norm for most international teams. Most meetings are scheduled based on the headquarters time zone which may seem unfair for other parties. Consider if at your time zone it’s already midnight, or early morning, maybe noon. You may be caught up trying to feed your child or washing the dishes. You will join the meeting with many distractions so you may not be as productive as required. Synchronous meetings do not consider differences in time zones. However, Weet gives participants the freedom to join meetings at their convenience. This ensures you join the meeting at a time with no distractions at all. Weet provides productivity for work.
- While in synchronous meetings, you may be distracted by activities around you. Especially when having online meetings, background activities can interfere with concentration. Participants may miss out on important details with synchronous meetings. Viewers can review the content at their convenience as well as skip to particular content.
Features of Weet for asynchronous communication
- It offers flexible options for registration with SSO.
- Integration of reaction features such as emojis. Participants can use emojis while on video collaboration.
- Weet enables the sharing of screens or videos. This is amongst the best ways to share a copy of files or documents instantly.
- Interaction is more advanced in terms of providing feedback. Participants are able to send feedback messages instead of interrupting the speaker. Voice recording and videos are enabled.
- Users can download a Weet video as well as edit it and share it with others.
- Weet enables customization to users’ preferences with background filters.
- Weet also gives users the ability to hide their appearance or show themselves during the Weet video session.
- Users can monitor their Weet video as well as the number of views present.
Weet provides a more time convenient method to host international meetings. It’s also very effective at eliminating time barriers. Move to asynchronous communication for more effective and productive meetings.